1 16 ounce pack of chorizo sausage
1 can mild chili beans in sauce, I used Bush beans
1/2 large red onion finely chopped
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
1 1/2 roma tomatoes
1 scallion chopped
3 tablespoons cilantro
4 corn tortillas
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
To make chorizo and bean mixture
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to pan over medium heat, add chorizo and onions and saute until chorizo is well cooked and onions are soft.
- Add beans and cook until mixture is warmed through.
To make guacamole
- Split avocado in half, remove seed and score avocado while still in skin, creating medium sized chunks. Use large spoon to scoop out scored avocado into a medium size bowl.
- Immediately add zest and juice from lime and mix to coat all avocado, this will prevent browning.
- Add 2 tablespoons red onion, 1 tablespoon cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to desired consistency.
To make salsa
- Dice roma tomato and add to small bowl along with zest and juice from lemon, 2 tablespoons red onion, diced jalapeno and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Allow salsa to sit for 20 minutes (or longer) to allow the flavors to meld.
To make fried eggs
- In nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoons olive oil.
- Crack egg in separate bowl and then add eggs one at a time to frying pan.
- Allow to cook until whites are set, but yolks are still runny (if you like it that way) about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- In a clean frying pan over medium high heat add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add corn tortillas and lightly fry them until they begin to crisp, remove tortillas and drain on paper towel.
- Add two tortillas per plate, top with chorizo bean mixture, salsa, guacamole, diced scallion and then fried egg.
- Serve with hot sauce and extra lime juice on the side.